Monday 22 August 2011

The Power of Focus: How to Hit Your

  • Recent Posts


  • Categories


  • One thing that separates achievers from others is the belief they have in themselves. So, if you have the urge to become successful, the primary thing that you need to work on is to believe in yourself. This will pave the way for you to develop confidence in yourself, and improve your chances of attaining the success you seek.
    <!--more-->
    But why is it essential to believe in yourself, and how will this kind of thinking help you to achieve the success that has been eluding you so far?
    One common mistake that parents and teachers make is that they instill a lot of negativity in the children under their care without realizing what they are doing. This negativity reinforces later in the person life, the feeling that they can’t achieve the success they long for. So everything they think of, hits the obstacle of an “I cannot do this” response that is automatically generated within the person’s mind.
    This negativity in the mind is the prime reason why many people are not able to achieve their goals even though they have many big aspirations and dreams to make it big and become successful in life.

    Since they have this negativity ingrained within their minds, they are not able to believe in themselves and set forth on their journey towards success. So they end up feeling despair that they are not able to achieve their goals and they start playing the “blame game” or seek excuses as to why they are not successful. As a result, their dreams remain a distant fantasy that they believe will never materialize.
    So in order to achieve your goals and aspirations it is absolutely essential to shed the negativity that you are harboring in your mind and aspire towards attain them by reinforcing the negative thoughts you hold with positive thoughts and attitudes. However, this is not possible unless you start believing in yourself and see yourself as an achiever that is capable of reaching great heights no matter what.
    So, make the decision today. Start believing in yourself and work towards achieving your goals with a positive mindset. Do you want to live the life of an average person or would you rather excel and live the life of a successful person? The answer lies within you.
    In this article called The Power Of Focus, Mark Victor Hansen shares with us how or hansen, he discovered the power of focus at a young age. His father who came to the United States at the age of 17, taught him that if wanted something bad enough he could get it by focusing the power of his mind on what he truly wanted, that sooner or later he would manifest it in his life.

    If you want something enough, and you keep your mind focused on it, you will eventually achieve it.
    This was brought home to me at a relatively early age by my father. My dad came to the United States from Denmark in 1921 at the age of 17. My father was impressed by the United States as a land of opportunity. Here you could want something, work for it and get it. He worked hard and while we were never rich, we also were never poor.
    When I was nine years old, just old enough to ride a bike well, I got a job delivering newspapers. From my newspaper route I earned enough money to buy a bicycle magazine.
    My goal was to get a bicycle. I had an ideal bike in mind. I wanted this bike with my whole heart, mind, body, and spirit. I cut out a picture of the bike, and kept it next to my bed. Nightly, I went to sleep dreaming about it. I could see that bike. I could feel it. I believed it.
    But when I went to my father and asked for the bike, he didn’t understand my desire. After some discussion, he said, “You can have it when you’re 16 years old.” I said, “Can I have the bike now if I earn the money myself?” I’m sure he never dreamed that a nine-year-old could earn the equivalent of $725-so he had little to lose, and he agreed.
    I wanted that bike so badly that in my mind I owned it already. I had engaged my mind power.
    Inside every mind are abilities that go beyond the normal. These abilities are tapped when we have a white-hot desire. We then figure out how to get whatever we really want to get.
    A Will and a Way

    I saw an ad in Boy’s Life magazine promoting the sale of Christmas cards. Instantly I believed that I could sell the cards. I immediately went to my mother, who was a phenomenal saleswoman. She had charisma, beauty, a radiant smile, a sincere interest in people, and she was a master storyteller. I asked her if I could sell. She said, “Not only can you sell, but I’ll teach you how! It’s important to have a smiling face, see a lot of people and ask everyone to buy your greeting cards. But it’s most important to use the ‘alternate choice’ close. Ask your potential buyers, “Would you prefer one or two boxes
    of Christmas cards?”
    So I began. I approached my neighbors in the winter of 1957 with deep snow on the ground. I went door to door every day, and when a mom answered the door, I would wipe my nose on a mitten and ask her if she’d like to buy some cards. How could she refuse a cute little kid with a runny nose? Generally she’d say, “Young man, come in here. We can’t let you stand out in the cold.”
    Once I got inside, I knew the sale was made. I would explain that I was earning money for my own bicycle. Then I’d ask, “Mrs. Shaw, would you prefer one box or two?”
    I was a great salesman. But I didn’t want to sell 376 boxes of Christmas cards. I had no desire to be the number-one salesman for American Greeting Cards. I didn’t enjoy going door to door in the cold. I was only interested in getting my bike.
    Focusing Produces Results
    From this experience I learned the importance of working hard to get what I want. And I learned how to handle money. I learned that if I wanted something and focused my energy on it, I could tap into my mind power. My mind power would show me the way and instruct me in what to do, so that I could have exactly what I wanted.
    I learned that focusing my energy works. First we visualize what we want, then we achieve it. Visualization is seeing with your mind. It is one of the most powerful principles available for creating your future.
    The Power of Focus: How to Hit Your

    No comments:

    Post a Comment